7.1.23

History Repeats It’s Self

Yesterday was unsurprising, but still very heated. 

We had our annual staff meeting to break out the new theme of the year. But the night before, we all received an email at 5:13pm to come to the 11:30am meeting with 2022 successes and opportunities we would like to discuss. This was not a lot of time but apparently “it was on purpose”.


It was ten to twelve, the meeting is finally just about to start. The team starts to fill seats in the room, and everyone noticed the arrangement. PC was seated at the head of the table, sitting as the right hand “man” was PB, and PA was as far as they could be on the opposite end of the table. 


The presentation started and within the first five minutes they say “and if this is not the right fit for you, maybe you should work somewhere else”. Not that it was verbally called out to any one, but everyone in the room knew who she was talking to. That just about set the tone for the rest of the meeting. 


We dove into good, great, and need work type of experiences. PB called R out, but they were caught off guard, laughed it off and passed it on. KAC gladly stepped in like the KA he is and praised the the team, pointing out flaws in projects that only pointed fingers at the brands we worked with. M stepped in, and was not afraid to step hard. Came down with hard facts as well as solutions. I followed because that help me set my confidence and tone with what I was prepared to say. Brought up mainly high level notes on certain projects, but also ones I thought would be most effective in this meeting. 


After the feedback took place we went into discussing WFH days, which we no longer have available to us. The reasoning, coming from PC, was that “It’s just not working”. The example given was that people at her friend’s law firm were walking their dogs more, taking more breaks, people are using their health benefits costing the company thousands of dollars. Another example given was that KAC was granted his vacation, which was two days on one week, and then 3 days on the following week, and then asked for two more “WFH” days that same week. So she was sad and depressed because she was lonely and not due diligent enough to realize that she accepted all this time off. 


There was so much more that went on, but in summary this was the PC show and the company is now running on their feelings to enforce new rules and regulations. Running on PC’s emotions, and saving the company money even if it comes at the employees expense is now the culture of this agency. 


Just like I have realized in the past, this company no longer shares the same values and goals that I do. Which is why I am on my way to bettering myself, planning my next path, and covering my assets. 


What I have learned is that you can’t change a narcissist mind, but what you can do is change your environment and headspace. When you do it, you should do it gracefully. Which is why I will be leaving the company in the better place (structurally) than when I found it. 


But this time I will not be giving the company a heads up, so I don’t get booted before necessary.

Learning from my mistakes. 

That’s main character energy. 





No comments: