16.1.23

Building Habits

 It is the third week of 2023, and my habits are beginning to form. Workout routine is almost where I want it to be. I am meal prepping every week, even though it hasn’t been my favourite meals. Been preparing my fits and gear the night before. Checking into my digital planner has been super helpful, and writing more consistently. 

I would like to read more, but I have definitely been prioritizing other projects. Also, would love to work on my sleeping patter and get into and out of bed earlier. 

I think the best form of motivation I’ve seem to notice is listening to podcasts during my commute to work and on my way home. Those are the times that my energy gets drained the most because I sit/drive in traffic and get annoyed with the other drivers. Well I used to. But ever since I’ve tuned into motivational podcasts my mind has stayed sharp. Another tool that has been helpful is my planner. Having a clear list of things to do keeps me on track. Keeps me focused on the task at hand. 

I feel like the only times I have pushed my duties have been when I have no more energy. And so far the things that have drained them have been the emotional roller coasters from work. Other than that I have been in pretty good shape. Knowing that I rather succeed than procrastinate and fail. 

Do what needs to be done, not what you feel like doing. 

Just do it. 

No comments: