9.2.20

When in Rome...

I’m sitting in Justin’s kitchen at 1:56 in the afternoon after having lunch while watching a bit of Netflix. In episode two of season one, called ‘Trapper/Keeper’ there’s a scene where Rendell Locke gives his daughter Kinsey a family heirloom. Right then I had an epiphany. That is something I would love to do when I have the chance; pass down a memorable piece of jewellery to my daughter who could do the same to theirs.

In 50 days, I will be on a plane with my co-workers heading to capital city of Italy, Rome. Travelling for work was always a goal of mine, but I never imagined I would be travelling across seas. Europe was also a goal of mine to visit, so to be able to go with a trip fully paid for by my company is absolutely amazing. A major milestone in my career that I would love to note and pass down. 

If you have a clear idea of where you want to be, all the decisions you make in your life will lead you to where you want to be. For the last few years I have been manifesting specific goals by writing them down on a daily basis. There are times where I would fall off, but I always get back to it. A couple of them being:

- I travel to Europe
- I travel for work
- I live in Vancouver
- I work in the city as an established photographer

The key is knowing exactly what you want - eventually you’ll get yourself there.

I will look for a piece of jewelry that I could engrave and write something along the lines of:
“Know exactly what you want. Rome 2020”. Maybe I’ll be inspired by something I read when I’m there, but I think that’s pretty solid right now. The Romans have so many traditions and I would love to start my own. 


LRN...
Looks like... 6° Vancouver sunshine in Justin’s kitchen
Sounds like... Buying Time by Lucky Daye
Smells like... Santorini candle by Brooklyn Candle Studio
Taste like... Sweet ice coffee from Egg & Co.
Feels like... Alexander Wang x Uniqlo Airism slip with Justin’s Texas Houston vintage sweater




No comments: