All under one roof. A lot of their songs where prime just as I was about to be born. I think I was the youngest one there, felt so out of place, but it didn't matter because I loved being there. That might have been one of my favorite concerts and to be honest, I probably knew only half the songs. 3 rows away from the stage, a very intimate venue, and a crazy sound system. Watching all three artist perform was quite a show. You knew it was a 90's show because they don't perform like new artist do. They're so much more heart-felt, and honestly have a lot more swag. I'm so serious when I say that. When I saw Jon B on stage, my goodness he KNOWS how to work the crowd, most definitely the ladies though. He know's his sick but so does everybody else. SWV finally got up on stage and that's when people started getting out of their seats to just party right up front. Sisters with voices still got it. Top two favorite performances by them, of course, Rain & Weak. You should have seen all the 30 year old's go crazy hahaha. Then Bell Biv Devo came out. Honestly you don't see performances like that anymore. BBD still had little choreographed parts to their performance, and watching do it like it was stilll the 80's/90's was sooo sick. I didn't know they could still rock like that. Haha but they're healthy and said they'd be coming back soon, but this time they'd be back with New Edition. Ahh that's going to be so good. Honestly, everyone still performed like they were in their primes. I never thought I'd ever get that chance to see SWV perform Weak LIVE, Bell Biv Devo Poison LIVE, and Jon B They don't know LIVE.. damn it was amazing.
Oh and I forgot to mention, Jon B even performed Calling on you. You know, the track that Drake sampled for Take care, or on that album known as Good Ones Go. Ahh Jon B is sooo sick. I honestly didn't even know I was going.
My cousin and I were texting each other about snowboarding. Then he asked me if I wanted to go on Friday. He said something about SWV, BBD, and Jon B, but I didn't get how that made any sense to snowboarding, but I went with it. Then he's said he'd pick me up at 7 the night before, because the show started at 8. That's when I got confused and I finally clued in. Haha I clearly wasn't paying attention when I was reading that, but oh well. I'm glad I got to go to that. Such a crazy experience that really did leave me smiling.
Love 90's music.

No comments:
Post a Comment