There is a difference between a relationship and a friendship. A relationship comes in all forms: academic relationships, career relationships, or sensual relationships. A form of accumulation sporadic interactions that have an opportunity to blossom into a stronger bond, may be forming into a relationship.
A friendship to me is an accumulation of emotion and experience that form a special bond between each other. You choose to be a friend. You choose to form a bond that holds much more than just a conversation. It is an understanding that you create a support system that would allow the feeling of being raw, honest, and yourself. No boundaries to your emotions that are withheld beyond the words that are said.
There is an understanding that a friendship is a relationship that you choose to have and to hold. A relationship is something that have unset rules, in something where you have no commitment. It is far beyond that. A friendship, so sour or as bitter as the curdled milk, feel as as if the relationship is past its due date. We try to preserve and freshen up the relationship, but all I feel is that you choose to not become a part of my daily intake of promise, hope and reliance.
At the moment, you are non existent. The circumstances do not help as so, but I try my hardest, and I know you are not reciprocating that effect. Every time I talk to you, all I hear is “me.me.me” and never “we.we.we”. You only talk when you want something from me, or want to form a relationship beyond what we have. All I hear is all this talk, and yet no action has taken to do so. I am not one to deny you that, but I stand in so to deny you of the fact to how I feel and you do not reciprocate. This friendship is nothing more to a relationship to you now. I refuse to utter anything more beyond the fact that you won’t listen.
- Written by: Jamie Jane Carballo
(via http://jamiejane.tumblr.com/ )
1 comment:
Every time I talk to you, all I hear is “me.me.me” and never “we.we.we”.
Woah. Flashback. HA. I miss you....DOWNSTAAAUHHHHRSSSSS.
Post a Comment