23.2.10

AritziaxWhistler

Had an awesome opportunity handed to me for working at Aritzia. And this was a chance to work up at the TNA Whistler store for the day. Had a personal driver driving Mary & I (from 002 aka Aritzia Metro.) and also we were riding with some Aritzia Big Timers. One lady was from Toronto, and the other was from NewYork. Really nice ladies, obviously dressed up in Wilfred. Once we got up to Whistler we went our separate ways. Mary and I walked around the village, had a quick brunch & started work at 11. Wasn't exactly used to the tiny store but I got comfortable with it & the girls real quick. I adored working with these girls. A lot of us weren't actually from Whistler. We had girls from Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver. Staff was super chill but still professional. The crowed we had coming in was awesome. Especially since I saw a familiar face.. Ms. Alannah Franco, psh I know you're following me girl! Its all good, I like when you come into aritzia, we always catch up that way haha. But yes, I met so many different athletes from all over the place, family members of the athletes, snowboarders/skiers & of course the Hard-Core Canadian fans. During my break I had enough time to grab a drink & muffin from starbucks & walk around. Checked out an art gallery, enjoyed the snowy mountain view, saw a couple Much Music hosts recording, and had a chance to enjoy some live music from Sam Roberts. And just as I was about to walk back to the store he obviously starts singing "Don't walk away Eileen" .. Only cause he didn't know my name, but I totally knew he was calling me out from afar. I got back to work and luck for us our store is basically right in the middle of the village where the stage is so we could still hear & see the major die hard fans using up their throats to show how much they love him. It was pretty exciting. Then the hockey game was on the big screen right outside our store. So our store was somewhat empty but outside was packed. Every time we heard the crowd go off one of us would run out to see what happen, and each time we were just set up for disappointment. Damn Canada, damn. Up until now it seems like the excuse is that Luongo isn't in the net, where he should be. Let's see what happens at our next game if coach thinks the rest of Canada is right. Anyways my shift ended and so did the game. Everyone one was heading back to vancouver now & so were we. But on the way of course we see 3 americans ringing these cow bells gloating about their win. UGH.. We get it, we're all crying inside okay!! Anyways, it was a long ride back, but I finally got home at 11. I was the last person the driver drove back, she was sweet & I pretty much know her life. But she's a hard working woman. Much appreciate, lady!

Over all, the day up at Whistler was worth the 5 in the am early wake up call. The only thing I wish I did was bring up my snowboard & have time to actually go boarding. Sorry BabyLamar, next time.


Artiza/tna/Whister/2010WinterOlympics <3


What an experience.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments: