I've just re-read an old post under LRN titled "When in Rome..." and it caught my attention, because I know I haven't been there yet.
It was a post I wrote in September of 2020 just before I was supposed to go to Rome with the agency, but then Covid happened. I'm smiling right now because everything I wrote still stands true for me. I've always wanted to travel to Europe, and unfortunately I didn't get to that year, but i'm writing now having come back from Barcelona about a week ago.
This euphoric feeling is what made me come here to write in the first place. I've been on such a high since i've come back and it has been caused by the experience i've had, along with the people i've met. Going into this trip I was so worried about everything that could have gone wrong, yet something deep down was telling me I should do this. The fear of being alone haunted me. Would I cry myself to sleep on my birthday; will I meet any friends; could I go into a state of anxiety? But once I got there, all of those worries went away.
Putting myself in social situations made it very easy to gain some friends, but the one friendship that stood out the most and stuck with me was with MF. It wasn't our first interaction that sparked anything, rather all the interactions that had left me with something memorable to hold on to. Our initial meet in room 615 was a simple greet. Exchanging names, where we're traveling from and a friendly smile, as they all were. But the sheer masculinity of M's build combined with his soft tone and friendly smile automatically made me attracted to him.
Our second interaction had a bit more depth to it. A conversation about our day, and plans for the evening. He showed interest about my day and continued to ask questions even when I thought the conversation was over. I liked that - his charismatic personality was showing through. We both took a siesta and afterwards started to get ready for our separate evening events. I felt a little embarrassed getting ready, thinking I would be so over dressed and dolled up for someone staying at a hostel. Prepared for stares and side eyes. As M saw me finishing getting ready, his eyes widened and told me I look good. It instantly put me at ease and actually made me blush - but I was definitely trying to play it cool hahaha. On my way to Palau de la Musica Catalana I had a little hop to my step because of the compliment I just received.
The third interaction was another catch up on the day, along with learning about each other's evening plans. This time M made a joke about me sending my photos to him so he could use them and say that they were his - he made me laugh. His humour came out quickly and naturally - witty and charming. He proceeded with an invite to karaoke that evening. I had left the late evening open, so I decided to join.
I'm glad I ended up going, because things escalated quickly from there. Karaoke turned into a pub crawl within 5 minutes of me being there. Our group of friends had assembled 4 members from room 615; MF, G, S, myself and A. We stayed together through the night, all two bars and a club. MF and I danced through the night. I mainly remember the feeling of my hands on his thighs and the warmth of his body behind mine. It wasn't until around 0230 that we decided that we should head back. I had to check out and MF had a work obligation the next morning. Our journey back to the hostel gave us plenty of 1:1 time with each other. Venturing back to the hostel was an adventure on it's own. In contrast with the first Pub Crawl I went to, I now had someone with me that I felt safe with to take me "home". We got to figure things out together and learn more about each other. Learning about who he is was like eating food that I had been craving. All that to say, I went to bed with a smile on my face.
The next morning, as he went off to his work obligation he saw I was awake by the light on my phone. He said good morning and waved goodbye as he left. That smile came right back and did not fade easily. Every interaction with MF became more fulfilling than the last. There was always something new that sparked a bit of joy and left me wanting more.
I have known MF for 18 days, I've been back for 11, and we've been talking or facetiming every day since. I have never met anyone like MF, and have never felt so at ease and sure of how I feel when I'm interacting with him. It almost feels like i'm looking at myself in a parallel universe. And I can't help but think about all the signs that has led me to meet him. There is something about our energy that I can't ignore. He has definitely come into my life for a reason. What that reason is I have yet to discover. All I know now is that this feels right, exciting, and beautiful. I think that if you were to ask him how he felt, he would say the same.
LRN...
Looks like... clear Vancouver skies from Another Studios
Sounds like... In Your Own Sweet Way - Wes Montgomery
Smells like... unfinished raw concrete
Taste like... Iced matcha latte
Feels like... 28° in mesh ballet slippers, denim shorts, black tube top and a cozy Aritzia hoodie
No comments:
Post a Comment