17.10.11

Love, Eat and sometimes Pray

Another Sunday mass with Sherwin.
Slowly I get better that this "Church" thing.
It's hard when I don't end up going on a weekly basis. But at least I go.

I remember when church used to be routine. Everybody (when I say 'everybody' I mean my 'whole family', and when I say 'whole family' I mean when my family used to still be a family) would wake up early Sunday Morning, get in their dress clothes and get to I.C. Delta while the church bells were still ringing. Pretty good for Filipino time. Then right after church we would go straight to DIM SUM and have our regular lunch, the same restaurant for probably 5 years.

Church was a regular thing. Now every time I step in a church I feel like a stranger. I still don't eat the "body of Christ" because I never experienced going through communion. I feel like I'm pretending I belong there.

Ever since my parents stopped taking us I have thought about religion very differently. My philosophy has been set on "everything happens for a reason" and has been that way since.

Faith is what keep's religious people believing. Not that I don't have faith in my life, but I have faith strictly in myself. I understand that good is bound to be followed by bad, not all the time, but the two just go together.

It's almost like how I have fully let myself believe in Ancient Aliens...
Actually maybe that is a big part of why my views of religion is different as well.

I do believe that many years ago extra terrestrials have landed on earth and left landmarks such as the Egyptian Pyramids, as well as so many other "un-explainable" monuments that were built. I may not truly know for sure, but I fully believe in my heart that what we thought were gods, were really some sort of higher power from up above. It just makes so much sense once you see all the facts. It's hard not to believe it.

But no matter what I believe, I will never banish nor turn down the Lord. If Sherwin ever asks me to go to church with him, I will not say no.

Love, Eat & sometimes Pray.

No comments: