
That's me, my cousin Chasthy, my sister Vanessa & my cousin's girlfriend Sara.
(from left to right)
Here we stand at Lickerish downtown Vancouver in celebration of my sisters 24th birthday. I can't believe she's already that age, and next month my brother will be turning 25. Then come july i'll be 20?! My goodness time fly's by.
My siblings know me almost as well as I know myself. They know when something is wrong, they know when i'm hiding something, or embarrassed about something and in so many ways they are just like me. I will always be their little sister and i'm okay with that.
As of being a little sister they always got my back. For a little while when the 3 of us had a place of our own they almost parented me. I didn't appreciate it at first, but later understood why. They love me, obviously they don't want me making stupid decisions that I would later regret or in some way be at risk of my health/life/heart etc. I too feel for them, but its a little harder to speak up and confront them about emotional/touchy topics.
But my sister.. never scared to confront anyone about anything. If she doesn't like something about you she doesn't mind letting you know. That's what I hate and love about my sister. She's so honest and confident with what she has to say and or do. But sometimes it comes out blunt and .. too honest? (if you know what i mean)
That is what makes her, her though. She is the most independent person I know. She knows what she wants, she's so focused and self driven, and shortly she get's what she wants. She gives me a lot of hope and inspiration. I don't think she knows this, but she doesn't need to know. At least not right now. She'll use it against me.. well maybe not, but i'll tell her when i'm ready.
She's a pretty awesome sister. Without her in my life, I wouldn't be as independent&"stylish" as I am. At least, I don't think I would be.
Happy Birthday Sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment