"
Montreal wings? Be careful, the plate is still pretty hot." As I walk back to the pass I have that feeling i'm being watched. To my right I see 2 pairs of eyes intrigued by the sight of this little lady about to pass by. My eyes make contact with theirs. A couple gentlemen in their early 30s? A Caucasian & an African american man. With a pretty big smile on his face the Caucasian man says to me "
Hey there. You're so cute, we were wondering how tall are you?" I say "
Well guess." The other man stated without hesitation "
4'8" "
Thats exactly it. How'd you figure?" He says "
well I coach a girls basketball team. We actually just came from a game against Q.E. we beat them".. I stay at the table for another 5 mins or so just chatting these men up. But this mans voice sounded familiar. Friendly & inviting. Didn't bother to ask where, because he wouldn't know so i let it be. Later on in the shift Thomas mentions he swears that guy is
DJ Alibaba. YUP it had to be him. He looked familiar. I mean the 1st time I met him was when I was about 10 years through my sister. She was friends with his son in highschool. But it was that one time. Just before he left he said goodbye, and well I had to make sure it was him. Silly lg hostes says "Bye DJ Alibaba!" without even knowing if it was him for sure or not. He laughed and returned the farewell. Had another quick minute conversation with him before he left and that was it. Haha it was him. Annie mentioned later that he spoke with our manager a little earlier and pulled out his card and everything. Said he wouldn't mind spinning at our place. Haha! We have an alright DJ on a Friday and Saturday night in our pub. It gets pretty busy on both sides as well, restaurant & pub. But it would be pretty neat to have him spin here. I wouldn't mind hearing a little more hiphop at work.
After the 2 coaches left there were another couple of fellows that took over that table. This time older gentlemen. One in his early 30's and the other in his 60's. I believe it was an Italian accent they had. Same routine.. I dropped some food off at another table, walk back to the pass and another stop. The 2 men greeted me. Started up another conversation, but this time it didn't begin with my height. Actually it didn't include my height at all. The elder gentlemen spoke so gently. Very kind heartedly. He said I was very pretty.. my heart smiled. He was so kind, so sweet. Compliments like that stun me. So I was a little lost for words. The way he presented himself made me want to show all my manners, very lady like, proper etiquette, & all that jazz. And all I could come up with was "Thank you so much." .. ahh Durrr. Ha, I didn't know what else to say! But eventually we got past that topic and conversed about how often these two come by Big Ridge. They asked for my name, and as much as I wanted to ask for theirs I felt as if I shouldn't. Why? Well because if I do that then I would be obliged to remember their names. And I know myself too well that 5 mins after that moment of me asking I would blatantly forget. Then another encounter would just simply be embarrassing. So if i ever do see the same people again for the 2nd time, then I could say "Sorry I didn't catch your name the 1st time around" and then I would for sure (or at least I think) I would remember.
Table 110 Pubside.
No comments:
Post a Comment